Welcome to my blog. I see this as a place to reflect on my teaching practices and to share ideas and strategies with other teachers.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Activities - 2014

New Year's Eve is today and I am frantically trying to get lessons ready for my return to school.  I will be returning to school (with students) Thursday.  So, I have planned fun, New Year's activities to share with my children.  Here are the activities I have planned:

New Year's Read Alouds

We will read aloud several books, including:

  • Shante Keys and the New Years Peas by: Gail Piernas-Davenport
  • Squirrel's New Year's Resolution by: Pat Miller (available as a read aloud video on YouTube.com)
  • The Night Before New Year's by: Natasha Wing



New Year's Resolution Foldables

Students will write new year's resolutions to match four different prompts on a foldable which shows the new year after folded.  If you are interested, they are available in my TPT store by clicking here.  The pack includes foldables for 2014-2020.

New Year's Celebration Kid with Party Hat

Students will trace an oval (for their face) on construction paper, draw facial features (and hair), and cut out the face.  Then, students will trace a triangle party hat on construction paper and cut it out.  Students will attach the party hat to the top of their cut out head with glue.  This will be displayed in the hallway next to the students' New Year's Resolution foldables (described above).

New Year's Color, Count, and Graph

I made these cute worksheets where students color New Year's themed graphics, count the graphics which are the same, and then graph them on a bar graph.  If you are interested, they are available in my TPT store by clicking here.  The pack includes sheets for 2014-2020.

  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment