Welcome to my blog. I see this as a place to reflect on my teaching practices and to share ideas and strategies with other teachers.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Impending Back to School

I can't believe it is already time to return to school for a new group of kiddos.  My school year will begin on Wednesday, August 17th.  I love the fact that, as a teacher, every year is an opportunity for reinvention.  Each year, I make mental notations about things that can be improved upon and that I need to remember to adjust for the following year.  Sometimes, reinvention is not just a luxury, but a necessity!  Some strategies work well with one group of students, but not so well with another. 

I am looking forward to these changes, which I have planned for the upcoming year:
- new classroom library procedures
- new daily spiral review math morning work
- independent reading book bags with reading log
- new parent volunteer opportunities

I am sure there will be many more as I get into my classroom and continue planning!

Happy Teaching!

1 comment:

  1. You Go Girl! I am excited about following your blog...Have a great school year!
    cc

    ReplyDelete